ESP-01 experiments and results mark 2

Here is another interesting finding from our experiments with the ESP-01. We got stuck on a number of files whenever the file had ESP8266WiFi.h in it. While compiling the error was “Error compiling for board generic ESP8266 Module”, After some frustrating days we found ONE fix that seemed to work. This is to go to the “tools” menu in the Arduino IDE and make sure that the Debug port is “Serial” and the debug level is “WiFi”. At least that seemed to work for us. More ESP-01 blog posts to come as we work our way to a better understanding of this product. Please visit the Signal Processing Inc. website for more technical info.

Leave a Reply